Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Compaq must die!

Good advice: NEVER use a Compaq SCSI hard drive. I've been using one for only a few months and when I booted up today, I discovered that a good amount of my programs were corrupted! Great..... Now I get to have a fun day of reinstalling EVERYTHING on my WD400. Emphasis on the "WD" in WD400. I've never, and I mean NEVER, had trouble with a Western Digital drive.

Now the Compaq might have died because it fell a couple inches inside my case once. While it was running. This isn't the first time I've had trouble with Compaq hard drives, though. Of course, they've all been old. So maybe it wasn't too bad back when it was one year old, instead of ten, but how should I know? The only thing I know for sure is that you CAN'T GO WRONG WITH WESTERN DIGITAL! Take this as a lesson: only use hard drive brands THAT YOU KNOW!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment